We are in the midst of a situation that no one could have anticipated with the spread of COVID-19. If your employees are working from home due to the novel Coronavirus, the resulting increase in mobile usage may create huge overage costs for your business.
As your partner, we want to help protect your business from costly overages as much as possible. Be aware that:
- Your biggest risk for overages has to do with remote users who don’t have reliable, or enough, internet bandwidth at home or remote workspaces. These users may default to working from their mobile devices or tethering to them as a hotspot. However, many plans limit tethering. Here’s a link to some resources for testing and guidelines for optimum performance. This will help you identify people who may need to use wireless bandwidth to work effectively.
- Regardless of high-risk users, you should expect your overall data usage to increase in general as you send workers home. Without historical information, it will be hard to determine what your increase will be.
ARG has been working diligently with partners in the wireless business to access their automated, real-time, optimization platforms. vMOX graciously offered a free, streamlined version of their service to assist ARG clients with mitigating this short-term risk.
This platform will provide 2 primary benefits:
1. Real-time overage visibility and alerts
2. An action plan that will enable you to proactively manage your mobile environment before the billing cycle ends, limiting large overage fees
There is no fine print nor strings attached. The team at VMOX is genuinely trying to help anyone who needs it and can do so by leveraging automation technology and making it self-service. The platform will provide the free information and advice, but you work with your providers directly to take action.
• Alerts to keep you aware of any usage spikes
• A report with actionable recommendations for shifting plans to accommodate increased usage
• Free service for a minimum of 90 days and will reassess as circumstances surrounding the Coronavirus evolve
The service will only work for Verizon Business or AT&T wireless accounts that are corporate-liable (the company is the billing party)
To get started, please fill out the inquiry form HERE.